Criminal Defense of Immigrants


§ 10.52 (B)

Skip to § 10.

For more text, click "Next Page>"

(B)  Correcting FBI Records.  Since the FBI is not the source of the records it compiles, a challenge to the correctness of its records, or a request to correct the contents of the records, will be referred to the source agency.  If the conviction is a state conviction, that source is the state bureau of criminal identification or its equivalent.


                Direct a request to correct the FBI criminal history report to:


Assistant Director of the FBI

Identification Division

Washington, D.C. 20537


The FBI will forward the request to the state agency that submitted the data and make a correction or not as indicated by the source agency.


                Obtain certified copies of records from the court of origin documenting the correct state of affairs, and submit them directly to the FBI.  The FBI has been quite willing to correct its records promptly when an error is shown by satisfactory evidence.